The Grievance and Redressal Cell of St Xavier’s Institute of Education aims to facilitate for students a conducive and healthy environment for their progress as better future teachers and humane personnel. It is based on the principle of social justice and democracy. The purpose of the policy is to ensure that all instances of students or employee misconduct are dealt with fairly and in a consistent manner and provide clear guidance to students and staff
The Grievance Cell is constituted for the redressal of the problems reported by the Students of the College with the following objectives:
To develop awareness regarding the rights and responsibilities of the students and employees.
To encourage students to speak regarding their grievances in a democratic environment
To investigate the situation based on enquiry with the respective sources
To ensure that the situation is fairly dealt with
To provide solutions for the problems in consultation with the students and staff democratically
Grievance and Redressal Cell Composition
Functions of the Grievance and Redressal Cell
The Grievance and Redressal Cell enables the students to express their grievances by initiating and following the grievance procedure in accordance with the rules and regulations of the College. The cell meets periodically, examines the nature and pattern of the grievances, and redresses it accordingly.
Provides information about the Cell's objectives and mode of operation through the website and orientation during the induction program of the college
The student teachers, faculty can register their grievance via mail, open forum or suggestion box.
3. The committee acknowledges and Analyses the grievances
4. Seeks a solution through decision-making process
5. Reports the grievances and records how they were redressed.
Procedures of the Grievance and Redressal Cell
The committee shall receive and redress the grievances of the following issues:
· Academic issues pertaining to teaching, learning and evaluation activities.
· Student-teacher, student-student grievances
· Grievances related to library and IT services.
· Grievances related to sports, cultural and other activities.
· Grievances related to behaviour of stakeholders.